OCONEE COUNTY RESCUE CHIEF’S MEETING
Keowee Rescue Squad
March 6, 2014
Phillip Galloway & Nina Webb, R-1; Tammy Wilbanks, R-2; Will Rochester, R-4; Tracy Payne & Steven Zahn, R-5; Lynn Wilbanks, R-6; Richard Belmore, R-7 & 8; John Fletcher, Erik & Leslie Sprogis & Charline Stanton, R-22; Keith Wilbanks, OCES.
Call To Order:
Rescue Coordinator Keith Wilbanks called the meeting to order at 1825 hours. A great meal was provided by Rescue 22.
Minutes from the February, 2014 meeting were approved by the Chiefs.
R-1: All good.
R-2: New truck ready. Breakfast 4/5/14 all are welcome. Six new responders joined Squad.
R-4: March of Dimes fundraiser begins 3/25/14
R-5: New truck in service
R-6: All good.
R-7: Making progress on MR-1 modifications
R-8: All good.
R-22: All good.
Rescue Coordinator’s Report:
- The new F-250 trucks are with the squads. County would like a set of tire chains (cables) purchased for each county truck at a cost to the squad of approx. $130/ea.
- When doing truck checks, let County know if maintenance is needed.
- Make sure you get the correct measurements before ordering slideouts.
- Discussed the need for a Driver Training course for those driving county vehicles & POVs.
- Discussed March of Dimes fundraiser. Squads may consider donating. BBQ plates will be available for $10.00/ea.
- ERS training offered in the near future.
- Supplemental insurance will be provided by the county at no charge to the squads by VFIS.
- Tim Nix’s 39 y/o niece passed away. Visitation will be Friday, March 07, 2014, with the funeral the following day.
- R-4 will have Rehab training Saturday, March 15 from Noon to 3. Lunch provided. Let Will know if you plan to attend.
- The new SOGs were discussed. Some suggestions were made for additions. The goal is to have final approval by the Rescue Commission at their March meeting & then to distribute the SOGs to the squads. The squads will have the month of April to distribute the SOGs to their members & have their members sign an Agreement to abide by them. They will go into effect May 1, 2014. Members may not run calls after May 1st if they have not signed this Agreement. The Commission will meet briefly after the Chief’s Meeting to discuss suggestions made.
Assistant Rescue Coordinator’s Report: None
Old Business: None
New Business: Steven Zahn reported that there will be 3 EMR classes per year, January, May and September. EMR Challenge and EMR Refresher classes will be offered when they are needed. Please let Steven know & he will arrange for them to be provided.
Meeting adjourned at 1852.
The next meeting is on April 3, 2014 at 1800 @ Mtn. Rest Rescue Squad.
ALL MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC